Friday, January 11, 2013

Say It



When we met I watched your mouth to make out every word
You said many things to me, and everything I heard
Your eyes contained a few more things that speaking didn't say
And I heard you loud and clear
And understood you anyway

We talked about the starry night
I held for you the door
I offered you my coat and then you turned to me once more
You told me that you loved me
And then looked me in the eye
I told you that I loved you too
You said, "Do you ever wonder why?"

I hadn't really thought that much about her many reasons
Her mood is unpredictable and changes with the seasons

She said, "I know you have to work real hard and would rather just be kissing.  
Or doing something more than that and often end up wishing.  
But you can hear my many words and I'll say that what I may,
You know what I really mean regardless what I say."

No comments:

Post a Comment