Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Not Fast Enough

Thoughts appeared upon her face
A toddler's eyes confirm
Intentions had without concern
And off I run as in a race

To save her from herself
And stop what may yet happen
Not fast as her I was
And I could blame myself

Naked as she was
And playing in my water hose
Running as she always does
And fell face first and busted her nose

I get to her a hint too late
And take her from the ground
And wipe the dirt off from her face
She paused in shock to catch her breath,
I waited for the sound.....

A cry so loud then broke the air
A little voice as pure as rain
A feeling which we all have known
Surprise and then, pain

I held her close as I truly could
And hoped her pain would cease
I thanked God for gifts I have
And let my tears release.


No comments:

Post a Comment