Sunday, May 20, 2018

Water (version 2)

Water calls a man.
There's always water.
With the unknown underneath
and conquest, risk, waves, joy.

Ways to see or catch the wild,
And a river or lake.
And..inevitably all of the ways a man could die.
Carries me on, on wave and current,
Where I'd hoped to be.

Perhaps as a means to check,
Just to check and see if it were time to die.
I drive out hard through storms and waves
And deeps and shallows, afloat I'd still be….

"Is that all you got!!?"

Yelling as cold rain and crests of waves strike hard.
I'm relieved, no, excited that my fear was just fear.
A catharsis of sorts, if only a release.
Realizing my mortal fear was just like the wind,
And whenever my time is finally declared over……

I'm sure I won't be yelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment