Thursday, October 27, 2022

Third Eye

Whatever the vast expanse around me I feel says or does not say, 

It has not removed me, I'm still here.

There are too many trees to shade me from an unyielding and burning sun.


What I can see takes in the Earth and all its God-hewn forms.

I love them for what they are, and I'm thankful too, God don't forget that.

But I'm on the lookout for a sign.


Maybe you can't tell by my third eye peers through all.

It only opens with a tell, a signal, a lie, a truth.  

And I don't need to try because what I need to see just appears on its own.

Having this is a thing which either keeps me aware that too much exposure can burn,

Or it can show me the light.


Either sight saves.


In the meantime I'm glad to be among trees,

Trying to save myself from working too hard at saving myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment