Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Dotted Line



So there was the line at the end of the page, my name shown below it.
Marked with X to sign on the left,
As if I wouldn't know it.

I'd been through the pages, the meetings, the doubts.
And heard all those voices,
More recently shouts.
Don't do this, they said.
There's no way you'll win
You'll lose all you have,
They'll never give in.

But they're not beholding
The truth that I know.
And this is my fight,
And I've come to show,
That doubt is for cowards,
So what do they know.
This time is mine
I'm not looking back.
I've brought myself here
So what do I lack?
I rest assured,
That you have my back.

But...

I fear that you'll see
just more than you've seen.
And learn as I fight.
My hands aren't that clean.
I fear that you'll hear
Just more than you've heard,
While knowing you'll hang
On their every word.

I know how you've loved me
And trusted so well.
So I've signed my name.
They can all go to hell.








No comments:

Post a Comment